Wednesday 28 August 2013

It's Not All Gardening

I took on a new hobby this year, something to keep me busy in the evenings. Crochet!

I had never tried it before but have always been a bit creative so thought I'd give it a go, and thankfully its not quite as hard as it looks - though I am sticking to simple patterns for the time being.

This is a scarf I recently finished. Made from alpaca and merino wool its really soft. I bought the wool from a lovely little shop in Bude, Cornwall.


I've made a few other items


I love this pretty brooch :), not my idea by the way! Im far too much of a novice to come up with my own stuff! This is from attic24 an amazing blog, Lucy is so talented! Heres a link

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/

Am now having a go at coasters, took me ages to find a pattern I could get on with


I got the cotton from Lidls of all places! Its lovely to work with and came in a number of colours, cant remember what I paid but it wouldnt have been much. I try to find bargain yarns, charity shops are a great source and yarn shops usually have a bargain bin.

Well. its a start! Just got to keep practicing, at least I will be kept busy this winter. :)












2 comments: