Monday 19 January 2015

A change of scene

I love living next to Dartmoor, it really is a beautiful part of the UK and I don't expect to move .....but if I did, I would move to the Lake District. Did you see the stunning film that was on BBC4 about Scarfell Pike? Wow!! I nearly packed my bags there and then! If you can't watch it online, theres a dvd. Go on, treat yourself!

Heres a link toTerry Abrahams blog, who filmed this stunning documentary
http://www.terrybnd.blogspot.co.uk/

Meanwhile, back in Devon, a couple of chaps created a timelapse film of Dartmoor
http://www.activedartmoor.com/timelapse.html

Maybe I should find some footage of our other fabulous National Parks? When I have more time.

There is snow on the high ground, hasn't arrived here though we had a hard frost overnight so everything is all sparkley in the morning sunshine. Hopefully it will defrost enough for me to have a go at my own garden, which is looking rather negected at the moment. I have been promised a team of men to put up the fencing and lay down turf before the busy Spring arrives. Am already doubtful this will happen as we are busy now!

2 comments:

  1. Britain has such a varied landscape and, overall, is the most scenic country in the world (in my limited experience!).
    Unfortunately some of the most picturesque areas are now over crowded but there are still wild places to explore, particularly in Wales and Scotland. The Lakes, of course, will always be high in the beauty contest - along with Dartmoor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, its this varied landscape in this very small country that stops me going abroad (that and a big dislike for flying!).I have traveled a bit but always glad this is my home.Having been to the Scottish Highlands a while back I agree, there are wild places without people for miles and miles. Snowdonia National Park in North Wales is another favourite place of mine. Though the Lakes must be the most popular of our parks, you can still find many quiet spots, just got to seek them out. Am planning a trip there this year :)

    ReplyDelete