Sunday 13 April 2014

Colourful Spring

Wow! Everything has burst into life after a long wet Winter. Its great to see so much colour and some sunshine at last. I have found it difficult to blog these last few months, lost a bit of interest but I feel much more enthusiastic now. Work is very hectic, it being our busiest time and not having the manpower we need, so I won't have the time to blog like last year, will do my best though. My other interest - crochet - has taken over a bit. I am booked in to sell at a few local craft shows and need to get on and make much more so I have enough stock (check out my facebook page www.facebook/loopylou72 )

So, back to the plants...the Magnolias are looking particularly fine at the moment and there are plenty of specimens down here in Devon. Here is a Magnolia stellata in Simmons Park, Okehampton...



 Back in my own garden...



Self seeded Forget-Me-Not
Anemone St Brigid - accidentally red, white and blue!

Primula auricula - I love these
Erythronium Pagoda (Dog Tooth Violet or Trout Lily)
Anemone blanda
Bedding violets for a splash of colour in my pots

No comments:

Post a Comment