Thursday 18 July 2013

Too Hot For Gardening

Phew, the hottest July for a few years! The flower garden is suffering a bit with a few plants flagging even though established. My Rudbeckia is really struggling, one plant I have to water. The lawn is turning brown but I dont mind that as it will be removed to allow for a new path and the rest reseeded at the end of August (a great time to seed as there are heavy dews in the warm mornings to help germination).

Still, have had a glut of strawberries, enought to make jam and now the raspberries are on offer. The courgettes are loving the heat and I have to check them every day so they dont get too big. Broad beans and peas are now on the menu too along with salad leaves.


My Philadelphus coronarius is now in full flower and smells delicious


Have a closer look at the flowers, can you smell the sweet scent?!


The swifts are still here, they actually flew up to our house and landed, clingin to the wall. I tried to get some shots, not very clear am afraid, they are called swifts for a reason...


Come back!!


No comments:

Post a Comment